Montag, 26. Januar 2009

Illustration Friday: Climbing


Our Hero is wounded: He had a bump under his skin, that might be cancer and had to be removed.  But as soon as he was able to eat again, everything was ok for him. Now he has a bald patch and an ugly scar, but he is happy and dreaming of climbing trees with lots of fat, very slow birds.

Unser Held ist verwundet: Er hatte ein Geschwür unter der Haut, das möglicherweise Krebs ist. Sobald er nach der Narkose wieder essen konnte, war seine Welt wieder in Ordnung. Jetzt hat er eine kahle Stelle und eine hässliche Narbe. Aber er ist zufrieden und träumt davon auf Bäume zu klettern auf denen dicke, langsame Vögel sitzen.

10 Kommentare:

  1. Oh, I'm very happy your buddy is healing and having sweet dreams. This is a lovely image. I love the work with the tree and birds. Fabulous take on the theme.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. this is a really beautiful piece and I love your colors. I used to like watching my cat sleeping and watching his paws move around like he was dreaming of climbing or playing.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Such a lovely illustration and story.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. i'm glad he's healing up. i bet he feels so much better.

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. i especially like the style of the birds in the tree

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Wonderful posture and image of your much loved friend. I wish him a speedy recovery! I don't know what I'd do without my furry friends ;)

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Poor cat! But really nice illustration!

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Beautiful! I love the brush strokes in his fur, and the rough colouring, the rich orange. Also the contrast between the solid form of his body and the lightness of the birds and tree makes for a very nice composition.

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. Thank you! He seems to get better and appreciates every kind of attention.

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. This is totally gorgeous. I am glad your cat is better now.

    AntwortenLöschen